15 January 2008

'Nanny Nancy' Pushing Baguettes and Brie

The leadership in the majority party in Congress want to take away our firearms, saying the "choice" of using this effective tool is too dangerous. But Capitol Hill staffers, too, are learning how little choice they have these days as the anti-everything leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives push aside good old American meatloaf in favor of mahi mahi, and replace buns with baguettes.

The House deli, restaurant and salad bar menu transformation "is part of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “Greening the Capitol” plan to make the House campus more environmentally friendly and socially progressive. But there can be a downside to delicious. Not everyone is happy with the enhanced offerings. Many congressional employees have complained that as the food quality has increased, so have the prices."

Said one congressional aide: “I really don’t like Nanny Nancy telling me what I can and cannot eat for lunch. If I want to eat unhealthy, I should have that choice!”

Nanny Nancy. Nice touch. Unfortunately, I can only tell the aide "welcome to our world."

No comments: