18 January 2008

Guess What A California Anti-Gun Leader Pleads 'No-Contest' To Federal Charges On?

Updated Jan. 18, 2008, 9:01 am -- I stand corrected. The Los Angeles Times did run a piece on this story.

*********
I haven't seen this in any U.S. newspapers that routinely editorialize about how the good, community work done by so-called local "anti-violence" organizations.

Perhaps the disappointment is a little too much to stomach, and they feel public is better served by ignoring this story out of California.

Note: If I were a California taxpayer, I would want to know what happened to the $1.5 million grant these people received from the City of Los Angeles. Funny . . . I once approached someone at the City of Columbus about grants for teaching safety classes, youth safety classes even non-gun personal protection/crime avoidance programs, and was flatly told to "dream on."

Of course, their reaction might have something to do with my affiliation with Peoples Rights Organization, which in the 1990s twice sued Columbus in federal court because of passage of unconstitutional gun prohibitions. The city lost both cases.

No comments: