22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving Day. Time to head to the country to spend the day with extended family and an uncle who is gravely ill and headed for Florida in a few days. He's had a rough couple of months, so two families changed their dinner plans for today to head to Mount Vernon. Weather has finally turned cold here as we lead into Ohio's one week deer-gun season. I was planning to take the shotgun out with me, but may not. I need to spend some time sighting it in this afternoon.

I am thankful for so many things. How about you? I'm thankful this country hasn't suffered another attack on our soil. I'm thankful for the service of my three nephews -- all Army -- two of whom at this writing are in harm's way, but all of whom continue to be happy in their chosen profession. I am thankful for family. I am thankful for very good friends. Finally, selfishly, I am thankful for the delicious dinner awaiting the extended Ewart clan in just about four hours.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: