22 January 2008

Now That We Share Gun Owner Data With Mexico, What Else Will We Share With Canada?

"I've talked about efforts to blame "weak U.S. gun laws" for violence in Mexico (and again here). Now it seems that apparently, violence in Canada is also our fault." -- Armed & Safe.

Good points. A staunch Second Amendment supporter from Ohio who is since deceased, a few years ago was asked by Canadian border control personnel as he cleared the checkpoint, "Do you have your guns with you today?" He innocently replied with a question, "What guns?" He wrote of how the Canadian border guard just smiled. My colleague's car had no pro-gun bumper stickers on it, nor was he in possession of a firearm (even then it was widely known that Canada frowns on such things).

It was clear to us then (and this has been nearly 10 years ago), that our own government -- as conspiratorial as this sounds -- may well have been sharing some firearm ownership data with our neighbors to the north.

So for me, the question isn't so much whether Maximum Mike Sullivan is going north. The better query is what more does he intend to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will share some maple syrup but I will not share my personal information, and whether I own guns, with politicians in another country.