04 January 2008

How Everyone Is Equal Under The Law, Except When Some Are 'More' Equal

A bill in the Michigan state legislature would allow judges to carry a firearm in gun-free zones.

Special treatment for special people, I guess.

"Well, certainly, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I really believe that anyone who has had a thorough, really rigorous background check and investigation should be able to carry anywhere," said Sen. Nancy Cassis (R-Commerce, Milford, Highland, White Lake, West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake, Wixom, Walled Lake and Wolverine Lake). "That's my belief in the Second Amendment. So, I would be supportive of Senate Bill 505."

Interesting that she does not suggest that plain regular folks who have "had a thorough, really rigorous background check and investigation" should be permitted the same, especially since, as she claims, she is such a strong Second Amendment supporter.

No comments: