08 October 2008

A Quiet Milestone

A year ago today I kicked off The Ready Line. Many have stopped by, many have said hello, many have sought me out months after at some event or another to introduce themselves and shake my hand.

My inspirations were Clayton Cramer and Dave Hardy, who discussed at last year's Gun Rights Policy Conference in Ft. Mitchell, Ky. what they were doing with blogs. I had been blogging for my real estate practice for some time, but the light bulb went on on the drive back to Columbus that night as good friend, attorney and hunting partner Dave Buda and I discussed the possibilities.

So once more, I send thanks to you readers, thanks to my periodic contributors, Mr. Jude Cuddy and Ms. Ellen Wickham, and most of all, thanks to those who hate guns (a reminder; please get help . . . "hate" is a sickness) for giving me so much material about which to write.

This is a pivotal election year . . . one candidate who has been wishy-washy on firearms, and the other who epitomizes the mindset of the gun haters. We will continue to bring you news and insight, humor, and most of all, intellectual honesty as we discuss that most abused civil right of every American -- the basic human right of self defense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr. Greer...A job well done! Ellen Wickham

Brent Greer said...

Thank you Ellen. You have been a part of that success. I hope you will continue to write.