05 February 2008

Gridlock Is Good

While I had my heart set on that little chrome number, to be paid for by my "stimulus package" check, there was always a part of me hated the idea that the government was going to crank out checks as fast as the Treasury Department printing presses could manage.

A week or so ago it became obvious the race to "solve"the economic ills in the nation were being slowed. The gridlock now surrounding the so-called stimulus package is actually a good thing. Frivilous government spending is wrong. In fact, the package was always about making it look like Congress and Washington were "doing something" (ever hear that before, particularly with irrational, hurry-up gun regulations?).

The rebates were always such. But there was a certain delight for me in plowing my "windfall," courtesy of a Congress controlled by a decidedly anti-gun leadership, into a quality sidearm -- maybe stimulating the firearms industry at the same time.

Such is life.

No comments: