08 March 2008

Blizzard of '08 Sets New Records


The snow has stopped. I witnessed a spectacular sunset this evening as the clouds broke. The news is reporting that more than 20 inches of snow fell in Columbus, often kicked up into drifts, breaking the old record of 15 inches set in 1910.

I pulled two vehicles out of other people's yards -- one of them a pickup truck/snowplow. I also spent several hours with a client clearing his retail building's roof of snow before his problems worsened.
Virtually everything closed down today. I think every county in Central Ohio, save for here in Franklin County, was under a Level 3 Emergency, with people subject to arrest if they were on the road.
The Jeep Cherokee is no longer manufactured. It should be. My 2001 got me everywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks this info helped me write a report on the blizzard.

Brent Greer said...

A-
You're very welcome!!! I hope you get a good grade!